1) If you take an overnight train, avoid the ones that look like they are from the cold war era and bring a blanket and pillow. For the most part, German trains are very nice, but we ended up on THE ONE that hasn’t been renovated since Reagan said “tear down this wall.”
2) If you do take an overnight train, expect to come across very, very strange people.
3) You know what, just don’t take an overnight train unless they have beds. Just don’t do it.
4) Avoid trains on the weekend, or be prepared for this:
5) If you did take the overnight/weekend train and you are going to be on a German TV show, sit in the back where the camera rarely goes.